Welcome to the Operative Plasterers' and Cement Masons International Association (OPCMIA) Local 11 Apprenticeship Program! Welcome to over 147 years of representation and training plasterers and cement masons for the purpose of protecting and promoting the quality of our industry and the livelihood of our members. ARE YOU APPRENTICE READY?! CAN YOU ANSWER "YES" TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING? If you can, then download the form at the bottom of the page and send it via USPS to: Local 11 Apprenticeship Program 1102 Rail Dr., Woodstock, IL 60098. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon!
Being a Local 11 Apprentice means:
• Having a Good work ethic.
• Posessing a Positive attitude.
• Listens and learns on the job and in school.
• Works with others as a team to build the project.
• Follows directions of crew leaders regardless of the manner in which they are given.
• Aptitude for the trade/ occupation and some work history (paid or unpaid).
• Has some experience doing construction, production, or other comparable work or transferable skills.
• Has proven potential to be a good worker. Any continuous employment or training with a good attendance record can indicate this, even if not related to the trade/ occupation.
• Necessary physical condition. Some apprenticeships require both physical strength and endurance. In those that do, able to work in a physically demanding environment for extended periods of time in all weather conditions. Can work at heights and in enclosed areas. Is very safety conscious in all work.
• Drug free and can pass drug/ alcohol test that are given randomly to workers.
If you answered "Yes," to all of the above points then download, fill out, and mail this form to us today! We look forward to hearing from you!